Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Life in Arizona

Curious about my life in Arizona?
yeah it is a big different from Malaysia, of course
Arizona is a desert actually and the weather here during the summer is freaking hot
you will be dead without water

my school has been starting for a month
and I have been getting used to it
and I will not feel bored anymore
remember that when I just came here for the first couple weeks
and I kept complaining that my life was dull
and it was nothing to do in Arizona
since I kept playing and hanging out with friends when I was in Malaysia
that is why I felt so bored and alone
but now, school has started
and my life is getting busy and busier that I have not imagined before
I do have a lot of assignments, online homework, and online quizzes
and all those due every Sunday or Monday
the educational system here is quite different from Malaysia and Inti College
even though when I was studying in Inti College for American University Program
the educational system in Inti is slightly different from Arizona State University
we did not have so much assignments in Inti and all our marks more rely on the exams
like midterm and final exam
but in ASU the course work more rely on the assignments
and the professors told us that we need to study the chapters before the lecture class
or else you will not understand what he or she is talking about
and they will discuss the lecture directly and they assume that you know or read the text before the class
and it is like oh my gosh
since I already used to it, so it is fine for me now
and it became a good habit as well right
read before the class





Arizona State University is big and huge, and it cover a lot of areas
I know normally university in the United State is big
but this was my first time to step into a big university
compare to my school before, and it is so small
I lost in the middle way when the first time to visit my school
and I need to use map to find my classrooms for the first two weeks
Besides that, I could not find my car in the lot for few times
and it was so embarrassing and there was a white guy came to me
and he tried to help me
there was a day, my cousin Kevin saw me in the lot and
after home, he told me that he saw me when I was finding my car
and he said it was so funny and I was so silly
by the way he did not help me at all even though he saw me could not find my car
my classes are normally big and it has more than 300 students in a big hall
and it is not easy to make friends
we change seat every classes
after the class and they just walked away
that is why I miss Inti so so so much
after the class, a big gang will go have lunch together
it was sweet



Hannah is from South Korea

Tala is from Arabian country

Xiao Mi is from Taiwan

I will take photos with those American next time
see ya


I have a very packed schedule on Monday and Wednesday
I have only 1 class on Tuesday and Thursday
but my Tuesday class is at polytechnic campus which is so far from my house
and it takes 45 minutes to reach there
but luckily I have YeongHer there
so we can have lunch and dinner together
since my class at 6pm and I will reach home around 830pm
normally my classes are at tempe campus and it is quite near from my house
and it takes 20 minutes
like cheras to subang

Every Friday and Sunday, I will go church with my uncle and aunt
and I met some new friends there
I learnt Bible and I am starting to know more about God
and I know some of you might be surprised
time goes and things will be changed



Tiffany and I

You know what, the funniest thing is the people here do not believe that I am already 19 years old
yes I am
they thought that my age is around 12-15 years old
and I can get a kid price
Unbelievable
maybe I always hang out with my cousin Tiffany
but... there was a lady said to my cousin
'is that your little sister?'
Oh my gosh
can you believe that?



Oh yeah forgot to mention that
I am sick of burgers, sandwiches, spaghetti, pizza, and salad
so sometimes I do not have my lunch at school
and I just wait until I get back home and eat
I want normal meal please
I miss Malaysian food so badly
I know you guys should know my favorite food is curry fish head
I love spicy food and I want rice
I want chinese food, and my grandmom's cooks
I do not know how long I can survive with them
seriously I love to eat
but I did try the local dishes here which I never taste before
and thanks for my uncle, his cooks are delicious
you should try it one day



Kevin

Besides that, I want to thank Kevin, Josh, Aric, and Jason
keep correcting my pronunciation
even though you guys keep laughing at me and making fun of me
but I know you guys are really nice to me
and I know that it is for my own good
I really appreciated it










I have went to Fashion Square twice with YeongHer
we watched two movies so far, SALT and Resident Evil 3
the student pice is $7, consider as expensive compare to Malaysia
I can watch twice a week in Malaysia
the clothes here are not that cheap as I think
but it depends on the brands and where to buy
you still can buy clothes at the reasonable prices and affordable






So far, I am doing good here
and I can get along with my aunt's family
and they are taking good care of me
and I love them so much
even though they do not know


take care and hugssssss



No comments:

Post a Comment