Saturday, March 19, 2011

A friend visited me in Arizona

Spring break is going to end. Oh my gosh IT IS NOT ENOUGH!!! I have not met with some other friends yet. Arghhhhh. My dear friend, Chongpin, came to visit me from San Jose. How sweet he is. Anyways I had a good time with him, even thought it was only 3 days 2 nights.


1st day


We went to The Good Egg for breakfast. Woohoo It is just like Old Town Kopitian but filled with "Angmo" of course. This restaurant is only for American breakfast and it opens from 8am to 2pm.

Chongpin


my breakfast- pancake, 2 eggs, and bacons

chongpin's breakfast. I don't know what is the yellow called.
haha but there is 2 muffins and fruit.


I brought him to my university and we chilled at Starbucks. After that we went to Saigon Restaurant in Chandler (I mentioned in my blog before) for lunch.

Curry rice noodles with steamed tofu. This is my favorite.







The place for you to chill with friends before the movie starts

Hehe eventually I got the chance to watch movie at iPic Theater in Scottsdale Quarter. Give you a hint. hehe Please sign up for membership with free of charge. You can do it online and it is convenient. Once you are member, you will get cheaper price for movie ticket. It has 2 kinds of seats, either Premium or Gold seat. It is worth if you are member because you only pay $17 for Gold seat with complimentary free popcorn. Original price for Gold seat is $25. There are waiters will serve you and you can have alcohol or food inside the theater, and they will give you a menu before the movie starts, and you pay for it after the movie. Leather seat and you can adjust the back of the seat, and you can put up your legs.

Actually compares to the GSC Signature at The Garden in Malaysia, it is really quite different.


We watched Battle Los Angela.
We took pictures inside the theater.




We went to Thai House Restaurant for dinner. Pai Tai with tofu is my favorite.



2nd Day


Phoenix Palace in Chandler (Warmer Rd and Dobson Rd)
We went there for dimsum. hahaha The taste is alright actually. But if you want to have dimsum, it is better to have more people.



Before he left, we went to The Street (boba tea house) in Mesa for boba tea.


To chongpin: Honestly, I am so touched that you came to visit me in Arizona. Thanks for everything that you have done to me, you taught me a lots, thanks for sharing your experiences, and nice chatting with you. And thanks for your presents. Thanks for treating me breakfast, dinner, drink, and movie. I am really appreciated it.



p/s: Prepare for school, Shinn Jye.

No comments:

Post a Comment