Monday, September 26, 2011

I am Sun Devil.



My whole body is so sore right now, I almost cannot feel my legs after paddling for the dragon boat. Haha I am so tired yet I wanted to blog so badly to share with you guys about my last weekend. It was really awesome! I went tubing at Salt River with friends. Salt River is located in Mesa and it is just not far away from campus, it takes around 30 minutes to get there.




You guys should check out this website- http://saltrivertubing.com/ Tubing is totally a new experience for me. I got even more tan right now. I am sure my mom will be mad at me when she sees me. Tubing is pretty relaxing, having some drinks with friends and enjoying the beautiful views at the same time while you tube to the downstream river. We rented the tube for $15 per person and it takes 4 and 1/2 hours to finish floating on the river.






Daryl from Singapore

Fredrik
Cong

Thanks for Fredrik rescued me when I was floated away from the team. I got dehydrated after a while, Daryl and Fredrik took care of me. The funniest part was Cong actually does not know how to swim, and I just cannot believe it. hahaha. I really enjoyed the afternoon with them, we laughed and made fun of each other.




I have been here for more than a year, and I eventually made it to watch the real American football game on last Saturday! There was a tailgate party before the game started. I did not know what is tailgate at first, and I finally found it out after the party. It is like a culture, I am not really sure. Yet there must have some parties before the game starts. Tailgate means the gate of the back of the truck, people will sit on the back of the truck and then "Lets party!" To be honest, people just have some drinks, and some of them could not even get to the game because they were drunk. It sounds funny and they just waste the ticket money, but they just do not care about it. So I bet this is one of their cultures. Talking about the football game, I still do not understand the rule and regulations, but the most important thing is you just need to scream and yell with them, "Go Sun Devil, Go ASU!" Overall, it was fun if you go there with friends. haha. Frankly speaking, I am not interested at football, I would rather watch soccer instead. I am sorry that I gotta skip the details about the football game. I was so excited when ASU won the game!


One the most beautiful views that I have ever seen in my life. The big sun, airplane and also sailing boats.



I looked so cool with the sunglasses and life vest right, didn't I? haha.


I found sailing is really fun and cool. I went to sail with my dear Monika at Tempe Town Lake on last Sunday evening. I learned a lot about sailing techniques and the wind directions from my senior, he has been sailing since he was eight. I really hope that I can be a good sailer. And I just got even more tan than last Saturday! You know Arizona has a really big and huge sun. I am wondering why I did not do all those things when I was in Malaysia. I have missed a lot of things when I was young. Oh man, I gotta cherish my time right now. Time just passes so fast.


My life is so far so good! By the way, today is my lovely mother's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you so much.


p/s: The way you look at me and talk to me is so gentle and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment