Sunday, June 5, 2011

I just can't believe that I actually did it.

Last Thursday, June 2nd 2011, I took the risk of my life to jump out from a plane. I went parachuting with my Polish friend, Monika in Maricopa, Arizona.

Seriously, I could not believe that I actually did it. The night before the day, I could not sleep well, and I could not concentrate in the class in the morning because I was so nervous and scared. Monika drove me there after my class, we talked a lots on the way to the desert. We tried to comfort each other, and both of us were so nervous yet excited. You would not be able to understand the contradictory feeling, which makes you like "urggghhhh".


I was scared and worried.

I signed for this paper, which the organization will not take any responsibility if any accidents happen on me. I put K. for the emergency contact, the thing is he did not even know about this. haha.

Monika and I

My instructor, Jason. He is so nice and sweet. He has been doing this for 20 years and over 10,000 jumps. He has the passion and enthusiasm for this job. He is an awesome guy that I have ever met.

I went skydiving with another 2 German air force. It was so cool!

The 2 German air force. The guy on the right side is really nice to me. Thanks for helping me!

almost there...

We reached the ground safely.

I gave him a big and tight hug.

After landing safely...

Jason



The reason why I wanted to do this is not because I wanted to prove how capable I am, is I wanted to challenge myself. I challenged my inner heart and the fear, the fear of dying. Do you know how much courage you need to have to do this? I prayed so hard the night before the day. I can tell you one thing, parachuting is worthy! When the door opened, the wind kept blowing in to the plane, my heart started beating so fast, and my mind was thinking, "Seriously? I'm going to jump out from a plane at 12,000 feet? " I could not imagine how it will go and think about it again at that time, and the instructor said, "Are you ready, Shinn Jye?" I was like, "Yeah sure!" I was pretending. Yet I told myself that I need to trust my God and this guy. Woohoo. I felt so peaceful in my heart when I jumped out from the plane, I was so enjoying the free fall, and my eyes did not close at all. I was totally immersed in skydiving, enjoyed the speed of falling down to the ground at 120 miles per hour, cherished the time in the air while chatting with my instructor and viewing the mother nature and the valley of the sun! It is so worthy and awesome!


The certificate


I felt so sorry that I did not tell my parents before I went to parachute and my aunt as well. In fact, nobody knew except some of my closed friends. I was so worried about what if anything happens on me during skydiving, my aunt would find out, and she definitely would mad at me. The worst part for me was my family did not know about it! The another reason, which made me so worried about is because my aunt did warn me not to go skydiving, and I did promise her. Yet I still decided and promised my friend to do it together. At that time, I was thinking "Lets do it!" I know I was kind of irresponsible and selfish. I was struggling and in dilemma. Can you imagine how hard for me to choose? I wanted to try so badly, and my aunt did not want me to do it. I know everyone cares about me, especially my aunt, she is worried about me all the time, and she does not let me to do a lot of things that I want. Yet I am not doing anything bad. I can understand if anything happens on me, and she would be so hard for her to tell my parents, and she has the responsibility to take care of me, which makes me feel so guilty and bad. I spoke to my mom after I have done skydiving, she actually could accept it, which surprised me! I texted my aunt and told her about this, I am definitely sure she will mad at me! Yet I am going to face the consequences, and she is coming back from Alaska on coming Tuesday. I will accept it even though she scolds me.


But I have something to say. This is my life, and I have the right to choose which path that I want to go, I will take the responsibility and I deserve whatever it is.



This is the video we took before parachuting.

Actually I have more pictures and video, and I will upload soon.




p/s: I do cherish and appreciate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment